Saturday, October 27, 2012

SIX cute hope quilts!

Remember my post in September called "Remembering RuthAnn"?

No, well maybe this will help you.  RuthAnn's husband cleaned out her sewing room and donated this sack of fabric to Iowa Comfort, after she passed away.





The sack was full of flannel...some of it ready to go into rag quilts (see the second picture).  I am slowly working on getting them stitched together.  Maybe I will pull them back out tomorrow while quilting a charity quilt and try to get at least one of them completed.

I gave this sack to Donna Grove to play with.... she took it to her sewing group at the Christian Church in Adel.  They put together these wonderful quilt tops!




They are so soft and just adorable!  And although the following fabric wasn't donated by RuthAnn's wonderful husband.  The sew group made a top from it also.
I am not positive but I think Leslie Jackson donated this fabric. (my apologizes if my memory failed me and someone else donated the fabric, just let me know and I'll get your name up)

I would like to thank each and every person in the Christian Church quilt group for constructing the quilt tops.  I know that there are several in the group but I only know Donna, Margaret and Mary's names.  These quilts are truly going to wrap some warmth around a small child next year.  

These are the first quilts to go on the longarm after the first of the year, and will be the first of the donation quilts for 2013.

Thank you again! 2013 is going to be a banner year!


No comments:

Post a Comment