Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Iowa Comfort Quilt # 31


First I must apologize. I thought I had already posted about this quilt...but when I went back and researched it I realized that I hadn't. I have had this quilt top for several weeks now. It is scheduled to be quilted in July along with quilt 29 & 30.

I'm hoping you will remember Diane Larson, she sent me that box of quilt tops...six to be exact. Well she happened to mention to her sister in law that she had donated the tops to Iowa Comfort. The next time Nancy Larson came for a visit, she brought this top to Diane to donate to us also.



Here it is draped over my longarm. Totally scrappy, which I love! Here is a close up of the blocks.



All of the blocks are 9 patches, but alternate every other block with the fabric placement of the prints or white.
Nancy's mother made this quilt; her name is Ruth Dyvik of Story City Iowa.

I just want to thank Diane, Nancy and Ruth for the donation, and apologize again that it wasn't posted sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment