Saturday, June 16, 2012

Donation from Celia McCollum

My closet overflowth! No bloggers program dictionary did not like that word at all....but it is my blog and I will use it  if I want to! Picture me sticking my tongue out at the computer screen with my thumbs stuck in my ears waving my fingers also.   Now isn't that a grown up picture.  I have had a tug of war with Blogger for the past 10 days....and Blogger won.  I have had to upload to their new an approved format to be able to post pictures and now I have to learn a whole new program....so now you understand my lack of maturity...and I will now move on to the actual post.


When I stopped by Open Sew earlier this month Celia was so happy to see me!  I was running later than normal, and she was beginning to wonder if I was going to make it.  Now I would like to say it was because of my charming personality....but I think it had more to do with the fact that she had loaded her car with a donation for Iowa Comfort...and she didn't really want to take it back home with her.


Take a look at what she had for us:
 Large cuts of double knit fabric, that can be used for doggy and kitty mats for Aheintz 57 shelter.
Inside that box were more large cuts of fabric.


I'm hoping by the end of summer to have a new toy for my longarm...and this fabric is going to be perfect to play with it on.  While learning the new system....I will be able to create a lot of beds and mats for the animals. Lets just hope that my plan works the way I hope it will.  If not the fabric will still be used for the same project, I'll just have to do it myself.


Thank you again Celia! 



No comments:

Post a Comment