Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Owen





Oops you caught me.  I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago and set them for an auto post.  But life got in the way  this past week and I forgot to write the post.  Guess I better do that now.

Owen visited a couple of weeks ago, and after a brief nap he found me at my cutting table.  The conversation went something like this.

Owen: Grandma why so you have garbage in this bag?

Me:  That's not garbage Owen, those scraps are going to be doggy beds like Hawkeye and Frannie have someday.

Owen:  I don't know how these could be doggy beds.

Me:  I make a pillow and then stuff it with these scraps.  When I am done we give it to the shelter for dog's and puppies that don't have homes yet.

Owen: I want to help.

So we set out to empty that bag of scraps.  Now when we started the floor was clean...just saying. I cut the cases for the beds, and Owen stood by the sewing machine table and ran the foot pedal while I guided the fabric.  That was his favorite part of the adventure.

Then it came time to stuff the cases.  As you can see from the pictures above, that was not as much fun as he thought it would be.

By the time the two beds were stuffed, Owen announced that he was going to go find Grandpa.  Leaving me to finish them up.




Our finished projects, waiting for delivery.  Best part about it is that bag is empty once again.




Speaking of things we do for our four legged friends.  Carol W brought by a supply of fleece and batting scraps to be used in those projects.  The batting is being used today, as I make a few puppy quilts.  The fleece will be put away for future dog bed projects.  So much easier to only wash the case.

Thanks to Owen for his assistance in making the beds.  A very special thank you to Carol W for the supplies.



No comments:

Post a Comment