Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Down to the wire!

I absolutely hate change!  I am a creature of habit, and learn by doing things over and over and committing it to memory.

So I am really struggling with Windows 10 and my new camera.  The downloading of pictures is now an evening event, what use to take me 5 minutes... now takes close to an hour or more.  

I was finally able to get the latest completed projects downloaded....just in time to get todays blog post created for posting.

I may have shown you these tops before, but here they are completed and ready for donation.




These three quilts were all donated by Jan M. the first two she used up blocks that were left over from previous quilts.  

The pictures don't do the quilts justice.  They are created with deep rich colors.  They could be used by either a male or a female, so make them perfect for our wheelchair quilt program.

The last quilt is bright and cheerful, and reads female to me.  I can see this quilt being a point of conversation with those bright elephants.

Jan always does such amazing work, and she is so generous with her time and talents.  Thank you so much!

Now I tried to mimick Jan's cut and sew method in the third quilt.  I am not very good at it.  LOL  I am much more comfortable with following a pattern, but I gave it a go with the quilt below.


I had some wine themed fabric samples.  Just enough fabric to stack and wack, and sew it back together.  I thought at the time that it would make a nice gentleman quilt, and it will.  I don't think that I will try this process again.  Hopefully it will still bring a smile to someone's face.

These quilts along with several others will be donated later this week.  They are going to a senior center in Winterset.

A special thanks goes out to Betty W for binding all of these quilts for me.

This week I am going to spend some time working on my other passion this coming week.  So next weeks post may be brief.

Have a great week everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment