Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The first 4 Christmas quilts

As you may already know I recieved a huge donation of Christmas fabric earlier this year.

This was really pretty fabric, but I didn't think making bed size quilts was the best use for this fabric.

The fabric was donated by Fons and Porter, and I wanted to make sure that what ever I did with the fabric it would be truly appreciated.

So I decided to make lap size quilts that could be given as Christmas gifts to some one who might not recieve anything. 

Here are the first 4 of those Christmas gifts.





Take my word for it these pictures do not do the quilts justice.  They are really pretty.

These quilts were pieced and quilted by myself.  Two were generously bound by Jan M and the other two were bound by Betty W. for me.


I am having to get really creative with my backings.  To be honest I am one of those longarmers that LOVE none pieced backings.  It is just me being lazy.  I don't have to worry about seams not running straight or bumping up against the seams of the quilt tops.  As you can see I needed to piece the left over Christmas fabric together to create the backing for two of these quilts.  The good news is that by piecing the backs I have depleted most of the Christmas fabric in these projects.  I don't think I could have planned it better if I had tried.

Thanks to Colleen and Fons & Porter for thinking about Iowa Comfort when they were looking for an organization to donate this fabric to.

A huge thank you to volunteers Jan and Betty for their continued support of Iowa Comfort.  I so appreciate all of their support.

I have no doubt that these quilts are going to touch someone and make a huge difference in their life.





No comments:

Post a Comment