There were eleven beds of various sizes ready to be delivered. Took both the cargo area and the backseat of my Escape to get them delivered. Lucky for me my granddaughter Lexi was visiting and helped carry them all in.
This past week I worked on using up that batting from Diane and I had a couple of sacks of precut scraps from Jacque and Joyce to use up also. So I was working on more beds.
It is a good thing I have my own quality control dog on site. :-)
Hawkeye takes his job really seriously. These beds aren't even done and he is already testing them for comfort.
These five beds still need their shams. That is what I am going to work on this week while I am quilting my customer quilts. The plan is to get the pillows measured and the shams cut out at night. Then sew the sham together while Fonzi is doing his thing the next day.
I pulled these two panels out of my closet this week also. I have used them previously to audition different quilting patterns. I was able to get them bound (practiced my machine binding), and they will be delivered to AHeintz 57 also. My guess is that they will find there way into the puppy pool.
I also was able to quilt and bind another small quilt for CIAC this past week. I will try to get it photographed sometime this week... maybe I should plan on getting their donation ready also.
It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. I have had several calls from customers to quilt for them. I think I will have about 7 to do in a 2 week period. Works out just about right. It will be time to order batting before long.
Everyone have a great week.
Here is a photo from AHeintz 57 face book page, showing two of our donations being used.