Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I love my binding fairies!

My binding volunteers are wonderful!  I can honestly say without their help, I think Iowa Comfort would be at a stand still now.  I just would not be able to complete the projects as fast.

Lets take a look at some of the projects that they completed for me over the last couple of weeks.



This quilt was bound by Jan M.  It was another of the quilts pieced by the ladies from Adel Christian Church.  Jan machine bound it using a really pretty decorative stitch.  (I really need to learn to do that!)  This little quilt will have on of those cute little bears going with it that I featured in last weeks post.



Joyce S. finished up this quilt for me.  I gave it to her at quilt circle and the very next day she stopped by the house because I had missed calculated the binding for it.  She searched her stash and found a couple of other candidates and wanted my approval.  That is sweet but, I look at it like done is good!  Besides another persons eye is always great.  She found a pretty goldish brown that picked up the color of the sashing of some of the blocks in the quilt.


This quilt I have had for a while and I am ashamed that I don't remember who finished it for me.  BAD DEBBIE!  So thank you whoever did it.... I am really sorry that I don't remember.... darned old timers brain! Let me know if you recognize the quilt and I will properly thank you.


Then there is this quilt that Deb Y bound for me.  Not only did she bind it, but she went to her personal stash and found a more appropriate binding material.  I had 35 shades of blue in my stash, but none that really made me happy.  I sent the best of the 35 with the quilt and Deb agreed that it wasn't quite right for it.  I love the color that she found for it.  After she finished binding it, she also laundered it and freshened it up.  This quilt is big enough for one of the family beds at the center.  I hope they love the whimsy of the quilt.... all of those overhauls hanging on the line.

A big thank you to all of my volunteers!  Those that piece tops and donate them and those that bind for me, without you I know there would be only 5 or 6 projects a year going out the door.  Thank you to those who bring your projects to me to quilt, that is how I buy the backing and batting for these projects.  You guys are all the greatest!

I think I have 8 or 9 quilts ready to be donated, so this week will be a book work week.  Once I get the book work done I will get them all posted in the 2014 photo gallery.

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment