Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Completed Quilts

I have the best quilty friends a girl can have!  A couple of weeks ago I took 4 quilts to my quilt meeting that needed bound, and I came home with none of them. Just so the record is clear, two of the ladies that had volunteered to bind a quilt for me were not present at that meeting.... and I still came home with an empty bag.

All four quilts are bound and back in my possession awaiting donation, ALREADY.

It will take a couple of posts to get them up for show n tell.  So this is part 1.

Nancy H.  bound this little quilt for me, and as always, she did a wonderful job.  I could be wrong, but I think Nancy has finished binding at least one quilt a month for the last six months.  I so appreciate the help!



This quilt is made from flannel that someone dropped off at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods for Iowa Comfort.  The ladies from Adel Christian Church took the bag of flannel and made this quilt, along with many others for me.  A big THANK YOU goes out to them for constructing these tops!  I would still be looking at flannel if it had been left up to me.

Those white blocks have little teddy bears in them.  You can see them better in this photo.

So what does Miss Nancy do?  She raids her stash of beanie baby's and donates another big bag full to us.


I knew that one of these guys were going to be donated with the quilt above.  The quilt has multi colored bears in it, and the border fabric has multi colored feet and hands. 

 The two belong together, and I have another quilt really similar to this one that the other bear will go with!  

The purple hippo is the perfect companion to a quilt that I hope to quilt yet this week.  They are just wonderful!  

The center told me that the small people who are getting these quilts, love the quilts...but their eyes light up when they see the companion beanie baby.

As if that wasn't more than enough.  Nancy also sent along this donation.


Here is a quilt that she did from start to finish.  She purchased the fabric, batting and backing (or had it in her stash) pieced it, quilted and of course she bound it also for me.  I love the colors in this one and the camera did not do it justice.  I'll have to measure it to make sure but it may be big enough for a twin bed.

Except for the label this quilt is ready for donation.

Have I told you that I have the BESTEST QUILTY FRIENDS lately? Well I do, and I so appreciate each and every one of you.

Next week I will show you the other three quilts ready for donation.  
This week I plan on getting a dog bed sewn up, three dog shams made for those beds...and get at least a couple of the Hope Quilts quilted.  I think I can get two of them quilted on that backing material that was donated a couple of weeks ago. The hope quilts are about 42 x 46....and the backing is 108 inches long.  My math says it should work....here is hoping that my math is good. 

Oh and I have three projects for family members that I need to work on also.  I have a new grand niece and nephew due this summer.  My husband would really like it if I started working on our bed quilt that I purchased fabric for last August... oh my!  So that is what I will be doing this coming week.  Hope whatever you do, brings you happiness!

Enjoys the wonderful weather we have coming this week!  Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment