Monday, January 27, 2014

Warm And Cozy

Baby it is cold outside, and if I have anything to do with it I am going to stay warm and cozy in my house!

I did have to go outside earlier today.  All the wind that we had last night made my yard look like a tree limb graveyard.  My neighbor's tree's were no match for the wind, and I had limbs, branches and twigs littering my yard.  No, that in itself would not have gotten me to go outside....but Hawkeye got his chain caught up in them twice this morning.  So I had to go out and free him, and remove the offending clutter so I don't have to do it every time he goes outside. 

I probably should have waited a little longer to do it, though.... I had just completed my first walk of the day on my treadmill, and was quite sweaty when I went out.  If any of my neighbors saw me I am sure they had a laugh on me.  I'll paint the picture...winter coat, yoga pants and hair in a messy ponytail, wrestling 8 foot limbs.  I would have laughed if I saw me....

Speaking of Hawkeye he finally let me complete the binding on that quilt I was working on. Here it is.



Joyce S. put this little quilt together for us at one of our community sew days.  I love how she was able to take two different fabrics with the same theme and put them together.  I would have never have even thought to mix them....but it so works.   

It is projects like this one that makes me love the community sew days....other people bring their creativity to the table and the center gets an adorable quilt for someone.

Thank you so much Joyce for sharing your time and talents with Iowa Comfort!

This week I will be sending a quilt out to a binder ( LOVE my volunteer binders) and I will be quilting another twin size quilt.

That is what I have on my schedule for this week.  I'll have more show n tell for you next week.

Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment