Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pictures

First I would like to thank all of my friends that came to help Monday night.

I know that Circle of Friends really isn't designed to assist Iowa Comfort.  And to be honest I actually feel guilty when a monthly meeting gets ear marked for it.  So I am incredibly thankful to those of you who could make it and helped out.

I am really glad that I have a new ride, it was much easier to pack than my old car....only problem is what you pack you must unload, and then reload, and then unload again.  I actually packed 1/2 the day before, and unloaded the car on Tuesday to make it easier on my back.

Before I go to far I also want to thank Dian for helping me set up at the library.  Dian helped me bring baskets in, and cleaned up the red basket for me.  Sorting out little pieces to be stripped or squared up. Larger pieces went on a mini bolt.  It would have been a very long afternoon for me had she not been there.  (Circle of Friends wasn't scheduled to start until 6:00)

Here is a look at the car after it was packed...


This is the back of the car.

And  a view of the back seat.

Each of those baskets had a color way of fabric in it...but the fabric may be a 2 x2 square or yard and a half of fabric.

Once at the library I brought in just enough baskets to set one on each table.







 Dian and I went through each basket and separated out the larger cuts from the smaller cuts.  The small cuts remained in the basket, and the ladies from quilt circle squared up, measured and folded them onto mini bolts for me.

Additionally they helped me decide if some of the fabric was quilting fabric....or fabric that needed to be used for the doggy beds. I have to say that was one of my favorite part of the night!  I so struggle with those decisions... so I delegated the job to whoever was working at that table.   

I'll show you the rest of the pictures from that night (along with my new bag of doggy bed material) in my post Tuesday. 

Once again thanks to everyone who helped....there will be pictures of many of you next post.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment