Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Part 2 of the community project

In Saturdays post I showed you the beginning of the day, from the packing to the setting up and then repacking the car.

Today I will show you pictures of several of the volunteers, but not all because several were camera shy and the finished results.  Well I probably can't say finished because there is still much to do, but I will show you the results of what we finished last Monday.

 This is what the table looked like when they started.  Fabric was sorted by what was big enough to be put on mini bolts and what wasn't.  What wasn't was placed back in the bucket, for future attention.
 Lonnie and Jacque working on the pink tub.

 How Celia and Maddi got stuck with the blue tub is beyond me.  We all know how Miss Celia feels about the color blue!
 I am ashamed to say I have forgotten this helpers name. But she did such a wonderful job on a green tub.

 Sue also had a green tub, and made quick work of it.
 Jackie O and Joyce worked on my floral tub for me.  Joyce also pressed some of those small pieces....which I am loving each night as I work on those pieces.

Volunteers that didn't make it on camera was Rozetta and Theresa who worked on my orange and yellow tub's.  Deb Y who conquered the purples, and Dian who worked on the red tub.


As we were winding down for the night Madelyn went around and color coordinated all of the mini bolts and placed them back in tubs for transport.


Here is what all of the volunteers efforts look like today. Isn't it pretty! And I really appreciate Madelyn grouping them together Monday night because it made it easy to load them on the shelves.


Each night when I am downstairs with my husband, I take one of the tubs with the left over fabric and start cutting.  Here is what the red tub looks like now.
All of the red fabric is either on mini bolts or in a bundle of 3 1/2 or 2  1/2  strips or a 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 square.  Pre cuts for future projects.

Only ten more tubs to work with....oh and a 18 gallon container.  I'll take it one day at a time and be happy with all the help I got from my Circle of Friends.

Thanks again to everyone that was able to come out and help!


No comments:

Post a Comment