Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pillowcases!

Sherry loves to help out Iowa Comfort.  She especially enjoys working on smaller projects... which makes pillow cases the perfect fit for her.

Here are four more that she has completed for us.





I have an online friend that makes pillowcases every year for her school district.  The school nurse knows which child will likely not receive anything for Christmas.  The nurse uses the pillowcase to put small toys, and other articles in and gives it to the child the last day before winter break.  Since the nurse has her eye open for all of the children, regardless of age... I thought I might donate these pillowcases to my friend for the cause.  The nurse believes she will need 35 or so.... but every year the need is more than what is anticipated.  I thought maybe these could go to older children within the school district.

By the way with these four pillowcases we have 66 completed. Our goal was to make 75 this year.  I think we are going to make it!

Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment