Friday, February 8, 2013

Community Sew Day

I know this post is a day early, but Jacque Johnson just mentioned it on  her blog so I want to make the information easy to find.

I am having the first Community Sew Days on Saturday March 2, 2013. I will only be having 2 this year, the second will be in the fall. That is a Saturday, and we have the large meeting room at the Adel Library from 10:00 to 4:00 that day.

I have several small kits ready to be sewn together.  I will also have fabric there to make pillow cases with.  In addition to that I have fabric that needs to be cut and prepped to make doggy pillows for the local shelter.

So if you would like to come and help I would really love it.  Bring your sewing machine and regular sewing supplies.  Or if you want to help, but don't feel like sewing bring your mat and rotary cutter and play with the fabric to kit doggy beds or pillow cases.

I am hoping that we can get 75 pillow cases donated again this year for the Crisis and Intervention Agency.

I will provide snacks and beverages that day, come for the whole day or just for a couple of hours.  All help is greatly appreciated, and the finished projects all stay in our local community.

Hope to see you there! 

PS this post is my Saturday post.



No comments:

Post a Comment