Saturday, September 8, 2012

Remembering RuthAnn

Earlier this week I received an email from the Jacque at Adel Quilting and Dry Goods. There had been a large donation off of fabric that Iowa Comfort could have.  On Monday I drove over to pick up the fabric. It was a huge sack, and it was full.

 

This sack of fabric was donated by Carol Morrison.  Carols wife RuthAnn passed away in March, and he wanted her fabric to be used instead of thrown away.  I hope that my family will do the same thing when my time comes.

RuthAnn loved flannel the entire sack was full of it.
 I am pretty sure that this stack was the beginning of a rag quilt.  If not that is what it will end up being....but I'm pretty sure that the stack is large enough to be two laps size quilts.

These two pictures show the rest of the material that was in that sack.  Some very cute fabric in there, that will make some adorable children quilts.

Donna Grove was by the house this week also.  Donna is in a group that makes small quilts for one of the local hospitals.  She always has such cute quilts!  I asked her if she would be interested in taking the flannel home with her to make tops for Iowa Comfort.  The flannel went home with Donna and I just know that every top will be adorable!

I want to thank Carol for the donation, I believe it is a loving tribute to his wife RuthAnn.  I also want to thank Donna for accepting the offer and for the future quilt tops I know that will be coming.

I'm headed out to the farmers market this morning, hard to believe that there are only 6 left in the season.  I guess fall really has arrived.  Enjoy your day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment