Sunday, July 22, 2012

Community prep day

Yes I know that my post is a day late.  Remember Tuesdays post about the universe giving me a head smack?  Well it was just preparing me for Wednesday.  Wednesday my father passed away, and the last several days have been a blur..... but life does go on, and there is comfort in knowing that Dad is no longer in pain.


That being said, my longarm is fixed....the service department at the factory in Carroll had me in and out in no time at all.  And I have completed the quilting on all but one of our Comfort quilt tops.


Of course that means it is time to get organized again, and I am asking for your help once more.  Back in April.....before life decided to take over my schedule.....we had planned a community prep day.  I have SEVERAL bags of scraps, that need to be organized by color/theme so they can become usable in quilts. 


I have also made a commitment to the center to make quilts for their larger beds, so if there is time I would also like to kit those tops.


So here is what I have planned.  A community prep day at the Adel Library on Tuesday July 31 from noon to 4:00 pm.  First we will tackle those sacks of donations, then time permitting we will start cutting 3 1/2 inch squares for the scrappy 9 patches for those larger quilts.


So if you can help out on that day, please bring yourself, a cutting mat and a rotary cutter.  


I know that it is short notice, and I really hope that we will all be able to meet up on the 31rst. 



No comments:

Post a Comment