Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The last panel

So here it is my last little panel that is up for adoption.  Remember these panels are for you to take and run with.  I first envisioned them as a blankie for a small child to walk around with, but if your vision is for a bed quilt that is okay also.  You complete the project however you want to, send it back to me for quilting and binding.

This is the large panel with all the children playing the games that children play.


And here we have studious children learning their ABC's and numbers.

You know as I look at these panels I can't help think back to the day I spent with my friends from my online group at Connecting Threads, the group is called Iowa Quilters.  Who would have thought that a group of woman with a love of quilting could become so close.  I feel fortunate that I have been able to spend a couple of days with these wonderful woman the last couple of years at the AQS show when it comes to town.  I also feel fortunate that they all willing share their knowledge and generosity with anyone who asks.  But then again, I rarely run across a quilter that does not have a generous nature.

My next couple of posts are going to be focused on the up coming community sew day, and hopefully Iowa Comfort quilt #4 in various stages.  That quilts story has been one of losts of twists and redesigning, and just plain OH NO moments.  Hope you enjoy the story of the quilt as I share it.  So make sure to keep checking in.

Until my next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment