Sunday, December 11, 2011

The first quilt

The first quilt for Iowa Comfort is being bound today.  I did manage to get it quilted this past week, and it came off the longarm yesterday morning.  I was planning on passing it back to Jan for binding Monday when Circle of Friends meet in Adel.  

The plan changed when Jan happened across some really nice flannel, that she thought would make great backing material for a child's quilt.  So she picked up the phone and asked if we would ever be making smaller quilts.  I told her yes  and then shared that the first quilt was quilted.  Jan told me that she was going to be heading to Des Moines and wanted to know if she could go ahead an pick up the quilt last night.  That would give her time to bind it today and bring it back to me Monday night at Circle of Friends.  So that is what we did.

I have a quilt that I made last year, that has been patiently waiting for a new home that I am also going to donate to Iowa Comfort.  This quilt was also made completely from my scraps and I think it is very pretty. 

I plan to call the Center mid week and set up a time that would be good to bring these first two quilts to them.  Maybe they will brighten someones spirits.

I'll post pictures of both quilts, prior to their delivery.  Need to get those labels made.....

Until my next post......remember what we make with our hands, we give with our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment