Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Great volunteers!


I have said it before and I will say it again.  I have some of the best volunteers around.  You have made Iowa Comfort a  success!

Kathy B. has been with me since the very beginning. She has come to every community sew day.  She has pieced, quilted and bound quilts for us.  Oh and she has made pillow cases.


She whipped up these 8 pillow cases for the center.

That brings our count up to 423 donated this year.


This is ICQ #179

Kathy also donated this finished quilt to Iowa comfort.  It has already made its way to the center.  The gals there fell in love with the colors.   Its kind of like seeing Christmas through a child's eyes.



Kathy also pieced this quilt together for us.  It is the first of the Asian quilts that we worked on at the last community sew day.

Last night was my Circle of Friends meeting and I let them help me pick binding for this quilt.  

It was tough because I am trying to use fabric that I already possess.  

In the end we decided to use a black/grey fabric for all but one strip (not quite enough fabric to bind the whole quilt) and then a soft creme.  The plan is to position the creme fabric over the darkest corner of the quilt. 

I am so grateful to all of my volunteers, especially those that go way above as Kathy does.  We touch lives because of all of you.  

Thank you so much!

Now off to cut that binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment