Tuesday, March 17, 2015

finished ICQ # 168 and 169



So this is still show and tell from before my visit from my sister.  I was trying desperately to manage fabric.  So I was concentrating on fast and furious and panels were at the top of that list.  Now this little panel is upside down.  For what ever reason I was unable to get it turned.  I picked this one because as I work on Hope quilts to finish I am trying to alternate between boy and girl quilt.  The two quilts in the previous post one could go either way, one was a boys quilt and this one is a little girls.


Officially this is Iowa comfort quilt 169

After finishing 3 Hope quilts I turned to a bed size quilt.  This was a panel that was donated to us.  It is actually a queen, and will either be used on a housing family bed or will used as a family transitions away from the center.  As a resident leaves the center, the center assists in setting up there new housing as much as possible.  


Iowa Comfort quilt 168

Jan M. graciously did the binding on this quilt for me.  Jan has been so generous over the last several years with her time, stash and talents.  She is a true friend with a generous heart, thank you so much.




Jan  also donated these six pillow case kits from Adel Quilting and Dry Goods.  I plan to get them sewn together this week.

Mark your calendars.  I am planning on having one community sew day on May 2, 2015.  We will meet in the large room at the Adel Library from 10:00 am to around 3:00 or 4:00 pm.  I have several kits that I am hoping will can get pieced for future quilting. Most of them will be bed size quilts, although some of them will lap size quilts that can be used as Christmas presents at the center. 

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment