Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What I am thankful for

Hard to believe it is the week of Thanksgiving.  

As I plan my week, which involves cooking, baking, customer quilting and cleaning pretty much in that order.

I wanted to take a break and give thanks to all the wonderful people who have helped Iowa Comfort over the last three years.

Originally I wanted to do one quilt a month.  As of the end of this year we have donated 157 quilts to Dallas and Madison county charities.  We have also donated countless doggy beds and blankets to AHeintz57 dog shelter.   I actually delivered 6 beds to the shelter this past Saturday.  Amy told me that they came at a wonderful time.  She said that they had some bony mommies that were so going to enjoy being up off the cold hard floor.

Needless to say with all of your help we have brought comfort and joy to many over the last several years. I am so very thankful to each and everyone of you that has helped along the way.

My volunteers are very generous and talented.  

Some made whole quilts ready for donation, others made quilt tops.  
I have had longarmers donate their time and talents on some of the projects.  

Others have come to community sew days and sewn, pressed, cut kits or helped with fabric management.

I have those who have taken scraps home and cut them down for the doggy beds.

Others donated fabric....oh the pretty fabric I have received. 

My all time favorite volunteer are those who offered to bind for me.  There is no way we would have donated a fraction of the quilts without your generosity.

So thank you one and all for your generous spirits.  I truly appreciate each and everyone of you.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family or friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment