Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A couple more finished quilts

Today I am doing show and share.  A couple more finished quilts that have already been delivered to the center.


This top was made by Jean V. a long time supporter of Iowa Comfort.  If I remember correctly she was using up fabric from her crayola quilt.  She absolutely refused to put any of the fabric back in her stash!  The quilt was large enough that it will fit on a bed, and when I delivered it last week, it was the first one that was picked up and admired.  

Thanks Jean for all of your generosity and talents.


This little quilt was a panel that was donated by Diane M..  Thank you Diane for thinking of us when you were sifting through your Mom's stash and looking for new homes for her fabric.

I am trying really hard to alternate the hope quilts.  I needed a little girl quilt to make the donation even (3 for girls 3 for boys) so I popped this panel on the longarm and got it quilted.  I didn't quite have it completely bound when I took the picture, but it was prior to the delivery.


This was what I delivered to the center last week.  There are 9 quilts ranging from hope to queen size, one comforter, and 33 pillowcases loaded up there.

Each and every item was gladly received and very much appreciated.  The director came out and personally asked me to extend a thank you to each and every person that has helped Iowa Comfort.  My guess is that when these donations are handed out they probably mean more to the recipient than I or we will ever know.

Thanks again to everyone!  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment