Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I see cowboys

I promised a completed project for this post so here is is.


Joyce S. created this quilt from her own stash and donated it to us. 

The top was made out of flannel, and is so warm and cuddly.  You can't really see the print of the blue and cream fabric in the picture above.  I wanted you to see how cute this quilt is going to be for some little guy...so check out the close ups of the fabric.





I see cowboys and busting bronc's.  Won't this be such a fun little quilt for a little boy?  Right now I have a buffalo beanie baby to attach to the quilt.  I do have a new supply of beanie babies coming in so if I find a better one (like a horse) I will switch out the buffalo.

As luck would have it I happened to have some bandanna fabric that we could use as a backing material for this quilt.

  
I think the red bandanna fabric was a good match for the quilt top.

The only thing that might have made it better was if it had been flannel also.

My generous friend Celia took this quilt top home and  quilted it for me on her longarm.... which I so appreciate!  After she finished quilting the top, she passed it back to Joyce.  Joyce also bound the quilt for me.

Meaning that all I need to do is get a label on it and complete the paper work.  I love it when I have donations like that!

Thank you so much Celia and Joyce for all of your kind gifts to Iowa Comfort.  All of your talents and generosity are truly appreciated.

I also want to thank Deb Y and Kathy B who volunteered to bind my last two quilt tops that I had waiting for binding.  You guys are the best.

I can hardly wait to show you all those two completed tops.


Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment