Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Quilt 102

I didn't get a lot of time to work on Iowa Comfort Quilts last week.  I had seven customer quilts, of various sizes to complete.  The customer quilts could not have come at a better time, as I was about to the end of my bolt of batting.  That being said, I don't think I am going to do 7 in 7 days again for awhile....my feet and back really were bothering me a couple of those days.

Not quilting didn't mean that I was unproductive though.  I was working on binding quilts, and labeling quilts that came in for donation... but that will be another post.

Today's finished quilt originally was donated by Diane L from central Iowa.  Diane is a former quilt shop owner, and has twice sent me a box of quilt tops from her closet.  I know that Diane also rescues quilt tops and finishes them.... so I am not sure if this one is one that was a shop sample or a rescue....either way I am proud to have it.

Here is Iowa Comfort Quilt #102.

Here is a picture of both the front and the back of the quilt.

Yes I know the backing doesn't really go with the front of the quilt, but in the interest of finances, I am having to make do with the material I have on hand.  What the picture doesn't really show is that both the top and the backing are really rich fabrics.  The center of the blocks have specks of gold and orange in them.... which is why I decided to use this backing for the quilt.  It is actually very rich fabric also.

When I showed this quilt at my quilt circle, the first comments was that who ever received the quilt could use either side and switch back and forth.  Then I pointed out where the label was on this quilt.  Do you see it?  That white patch in the center of the quilt.  I might just have to rethink my label placement again......

I plan on working on the rest of the quilts from Diane's box over the next several weeks....and sprinkling in a few smaller quilts and donation quilts for show n tell.

Today is errand day again, and then I am working on paper work and binding this afternoon. 

Thank you again to Diane for all of her donations.

Everyone stay cool and dry today.


PS I think I will go on the hunt for sweet corn stands while out and about today.  Only one week left before it should start showing up! My husband will be so HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment