Monday, November 21, 2011

More brown fabric in the mail and some cream and rose fabric also....

Sorry folks didn't realize that it had been a week since I posted.  So much to catch up on.

I have received 31, brown 10 inch squares, in the mail thus far.  So we are just about 3/4 of the way on completing the brown quilt.  These squares have come from central Iowa, Ohio and Missouri.

The gal from Missouri told me that she didn't have a lot of brown fabric, so she started the next quilt with 20 squares of cream & rose  colored squares.  So that quilt is also about 1/2 complete at this point.

Makes my heart warm to see the generosity not only from central Iowa, but from around the United States.

Side note, for a while I had some one in Russia reading my blog.....that blew me away!  IF I get fabric from Russia I will really be blown away!

I attend a group called Prairie  Women's Sewing Group in Adel, hosted by Adel Quilting and Dry Goods, this last Saturday. I was delivering a finished quilt to a customer in the group.  Somehow we managed to start talking about this project.  She told me that she had 20 years worth of scraps that she had never had the heart to throw away.  Asked if she could donate it to the cause......I said YEP!  She lives up around Webster City, but told me that she would gather it all together and make the trip back down to Adel after Thanksgiving.

Shortly after that the lady setting to the right of me shared that her woman's group had already made some lap size and children's quilts for the local Crisis Center.  She explained that the group wasn't able to make anything larger, because they were unable to get them quilted.  I told her that if her group wanted to make the tops I would quilt them as long as they were going to the Crisis Center.  I love it when things come together.

I'm going to try to post pic's of the fabric squares that I have been receiving, probably won't be until after Thanksgiving.

Until I post again......thank you for all of your support!

Have a wonderful and safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment